Sign Up To Keep Up To Date on CCM Concerts in the Philippines!

Keep Up To Date on Pinoy CCM Events
Name
Email

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

John Schlitt - Shake

By Nelson Jimenez "nelsonzz" (stamford, ct USA)
I have to admit I was hesitant to pick up any PETRA cd with their new (at that time) lead singer. But I did and I loved his sound. So when I saw this solo album I decided to take a chance on it as well. And all I can say is THIS CD ROCKS!! My 2 favorite songs are WAKE THE DEAD and ONE ON ONE. Their messages are powerful and the guitar rifts are excellent. As a matter of fact, all the lyrics and music on this cd are powerful. Now I have to find Mr.Schlitt's 2nd solo effort. Another gem I'm sure.


By Rebecca Goings "Sexy. Sensual. Seductive. ht... (Hillsboro, OR United States)
If I could sum up what this album is in one word, it would be WOW! Amazingly, I just recently bought this album for the first time but I've always wanted it. I was a little leary, as I own "Unfit for Swine", and I was disappointed with that album. In my opinion, *that* album only had 2 or 3 good songs on it. I don't listen to it much.

But "Shake" is soooooo much better! It's actually weird to think that "Shake" came before "Unfit for Swine", since the two are so different musically.

Every single song on this album is "turn it up" quality. The ballads are beautiful, and the rock songs ROCK! My favorites are "Wake the Dead", "Don't Look Back", "Carry the Burden", "Inside of You", and "The Hard Way". Even though this album is almost ten years old, it is hardly outdated, and I strongly recommend it if you happen to find a copy of it.

Petra is my favorite Christian band, and John Schlitt is awesome. This is definately an album to keep in the CD player. You might want to buy two: one for the house and one for your car!....

Continue Reading at this Christian Music Review

No comments: